The Third AnnualGeneration Connect Young Professional of the Year Award will honor a young professional who has proven their ability at work and their dedication to the Frederick Community. Meet the four finalists:
Ross is an operations manager for Plamondon Hospitality Partners
- He got his start washing dishes and doing kitchen prep for Martin’s Caterers
- He graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Hospitality Management.
- Since joining the Plamondon team, he’s worked in 6 of their hotels (both Hilton and Marriott) and for Roy Rogers
- He loves Frederick! He grew up in Walkersville and always knew he would live and work here
- He is a tourism ambassador for Journey through Hallowed Ground and loves to talk to guests about the many great things to do in Frederick.
Katy is a financial advisor at Lighthouse Wealth Management.
- She’s teaching herself how to sew infant quilts to donate to hospitals
- Passionately believes in helping her clients and says her personal mission is redefining what being a financial advisor means
- She completed a year-long AmeriCorps Vista program
- Has her mySeries7, Series66, and Maryland State Life Insurance licenses, and is currently studying for her CFP and ChFC
- Was a leader for the Net Impact Club at Simmons College. Net Impact focuses on sustainable business practices and principled leadership.
Alex Forsman is a financial advisor with the Will Group at Merrill Lynch!
- She is a team lead with Dale Carnegie Training and a volunteer with Financial Peace University
- Alex has traveled the country assisting people on planning their financial future
- She started her wealth management career while in graduate school at Salisbury University
- Is a self described typical millennial – in a good way! She believes this generation is among the hardest working, dedicated, and tech savvy professionals in the workplace
- Is a cofounder of Thrive! Women in Business. A new program of the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce.
Kelly Totten is Senior Director of Operations, Sales, & Marketing at Sylvana Institute.
- She is from Florida and moved to Frederick as a junior in high school. She says she can’t imagine living and working anywhere else.
- Is attending school to pursue her degree in business
- Comes from a deeply rooted military family. Her grandfathers, father, brother, and several cousins have served
- Says her mother taught her it’s important to never give up on your goals and there are no excuses. This is how she approaches her career and the challenges of building a small business with her team of 9 years.
- Is a vegetarian and volunteers at animal shelters. She also raises awareness for animal rights causes and about factory farming.