The following post was submitted by Jennifer Alcorn (The Plamondon Companies), a member of the Generation Connect Steering Committee.
Generation Connect knows how to throw a party! The room was abuzz with excitement and networking at the Generation Connect Third Birthday Party & Chamber Networking Event on Wednesday, November 20, 2013. A few words come to mind when reflecting on the event: Anticipation, energy, excitement, and accomplishment. As a steering committee member it gave me such a sense of fulfillment to see us bring a fantastic third year to a close. The venue — Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick — was fantastic and the staff provided top of the line food, drinks, and service.
Along with all 150 attendees, GenConnect celebrated the following accomplishments:
- A new series of events featuring an educational breakfast and local experts
- 10 networking events for professionals, especially those ages 21-40
- The Second Annual Not Your Mama’s Crab Feast at Ceresville Mansion
- $1,277.60 raised for Hospice of Frederick County from 2013 event proceeds
- The first ever Young Professional of the Year
The excitement of the evening swirled around the inaugural Young Professional of the Year award. An amazing group of 30 nominees were narrowed to the Top 5 Finalists, and then one was named the YP of 2013. [Continue Reading...]